Kevin was born and raised in Beckley, West Virginia. A graduate of Woodrow Wilson High School, Kevin completed undergraduate degrees in Government and Computer Science from Wesleyan University before moving to Washington, DC. Before attending law school, Kevin worked for Senator Jay Rockefeller and Congressman Nick Rahall. Kevin then followed in the footsteps of his grandfather, John W. Baker, and attended American University Washington College of Law.
While in law school, Kevin worked for AARP’s Legal Counsel for the Elderly, the District of Columbia public schools, prominent labor law firm Bredhoff & Kaiser, the United Mine Workers of America, and the Washington College of Law’s criminal defense clinic. After graduating magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, Kevin worked as a law clerk to The Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Kevin currently serves as a committee member for the YWCA of Charleston’s Guys Night Out event supporting Sojourner’s Shelter.
American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2008
- Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, American University Law Review
- Author, Tom DeLay, Robert Torricelli, and Political Party Maneuvering: Why the First Amendment Associational Rights of Political Parties Should be Extended to Include Candidate Replacement, 56 Am. U. Law Rev. 1583 (2007)
Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
The Honorable Joseph Robert Goodwin, United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2008-2009
- West Virginia, 2008
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2009
- West Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia Association for Justice
- West Virginia Employment Law Association